Saturday, January 6, 2007

First and Second Thoughts Discussion

Here is where class members will have the opportunity to discuss the current week's class. In order to enter the discussion your email address will have to be added to an author's list. Unless you tell me differently, I will add all the current emails given by class members in the fall. If your email has changed or for some reason you cannot post a comment, please email me at tkrell@bellevuechristian.org and request to be added to the MICC Praxis discussion. It will help me if you put MICC Praxis in the subject line.

To get things started this week, I wonder what you think Earl's main point is from chapter 1. Actually, after studying the whole book, I think he explains his whole perspective on faith quite pointedly in the first chapter. Is his thesis found in the last paragraph of the first chapter? " ... whatever faith is, it must make sense within the strongly contested places for deciding in which we human beings must, like the two brothers of the parable, come up with answers that make sense, so we can live with them into the afternoon."

Click on comments below to enter the discussion.

2 comments:

Carol said...

This morning's class was a great segue for me in to the New Year. I am really looking forward to fruitful discussions among our class members.
I appreciated hearing the thoughts regarding faith that were shared in the class this morning.
Carol

Tim Krell said...

Thanks Carol, I thought the class was a great start as well. I am also looking forward to our discussions in class and online as well. Just a reminder that we will finish the first chapter and start the second next week. So, your "homework" is to make sure those have been read by next Sunday. I'll also provide more information about next Sunday by Wednesday morning.

Every Sunday I will give a one page handout in class with an outline, scripture, quotations, etc. If we don't get all the way through the handout, never fear, we'll put it on the agenda for next week.
-TK