Sunday, January 28, 2007

Session IV Discussion, January 28

If you read my blog tips in the previous posting, you'll see the comments link enabled at the bottom of this entry. In this discussion blog entry, I suggest you might make comments pertaining to class this week. Anyone may comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of this entry right under the thin gray line.

I'm wondering about two things:
  1. Your reaction to today's class comments found at: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfxkj5fr_5dbpjb2
  2. Your reaction to the diagram that came out of a suggestion from a class member a week ago posted as a blog entry Discussion Session III - January 21 or the document is: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgx50PdqtaJMXXYlQmJ2W3DIx6YwHP0VKdYeQRj7Vfm7NfMFrJTPN8WWHxHBOxBGmTZyROt4h37wnA2e6H2_Dkwg5tPhiBo77fwrRAGbTNsx4rE_JYo3Ee8c2-De4l-LO02j6hicTcfQGA/s1600-h/Drawing1.jpg

tk

2 comments:

jscheid said...

I would be curious to hear from people more what they thought of the idea Dave S. brought up about glow tape. The idea that we are completely free within God’s boundaries has me thinking. This is a freeing way to think about Gods plan for our lives when we are faced with some of life’s decisions like where to serve in Gods kingdom, and how to worship and pray.
What are some other ways this “Glow Tape” idea can be applied? How does it change the way we think in the day to day?

Tim Krell said...

Joseph, excellent questions . . . I'm no expert, but I wonder about the "glow tape" boundary idea in light of this week's chapter. There is a mystery here that I can't fully get my mind around. Certainly God's master plan contains boundaries. For instance, my physical body probably won't survive a ten story plunge to the ground. That's a boundary. Birds can fly, I can't and that is a boundary. So creation is full of boundaries.

But, there are also boundaries setup within marriage. Intercourse over time is likely to lead to babies is another example of a physical boundary. But what about the emotional ones? For instance, if I cheat on my wife there are psychological and emotional consequences because that's the way God set things up.

Yet, in all of these examples we have total freedom to choose to move outside the box as well. We are not God's puppets. In Paul's great exposition from Galations 2:11-21, his focus remains completely on Christ - faith INTO Christ. Faith is more of an art form than an absolute. We will get into that at this week's class. Sorry to ramble . . .

tk