Monday, November 24, 2008

The Dance of Dawn


This morning came alive before my eyes. On my first day without an agenda since I quit my school job at BCS, I walked to my favorite hangout. The new day in its naked infancy lie dark and cold. The air pricked my skin like a thousand needles. As usual I turned one block early adding about a quarter mile to my journey.

The sun waltzed the dawn dance. Red and orange curtsied and swirled across the early sky. My breath steamed from my mouth in the crisp air as I stared at the clouds that painted horizon. Dawn's dance glowed hotter, higher and wider. More colors joined the frenzy, whipped up by sunlight in the waiting clouds. Then as certain as the darkness turns to dawn, colors faded to yellow and white. The sky lightened to crystal blue.

Birds chirped nearby and I realized that the world is packed with God. His favor lasts a lifetime, but His mercy is new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness, oh Lord.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I bet you wouldn't have been cold if you were wearing a wool hat!!