Monday, March 16, 2009

Back to the Routine

I have been back from Africa for one week. As hot as I was in the Sudan, now I'm freezing in Bellevue. Wind, rain, hail and snow have become a part of the routine. I'm pleased to report I picked up the "Red Rocket" last Friday. When I took it in for routine maintenance just before leaving for Africa, the mechanics noticed a crack in the frame near the seat post. The timing was perfect since the fix required melting the seat post out of the frame, repairing the tubing, and repainting the entire frame. Now I have a new bike. I'm excited to get out to ride, but the weather is not cooperating at all. For now it is indoor spinning for me.

Please check back here for regular updates on what I'm learning. I've also included blogs from past adventures as well as from Stephen, a missionary from Nigeria, whom I met in Yabus.

No comments: